Welcome to Rent Version 29.5
You will be pleased to know that the Rent system will now be able to upload to Pring.co.uk
Pring.co.uk is the largest investment property portal in the UK, offering investors over 300,000 investment properties from 5,000 estate agents, developers and investment specialists. Pring delivers an invaluable service to investors whether they are a first time landlord or an experienced property investor offering a simple and user friendly portal that displays investment statistics to aid informed decision-making and also to compare properties, investment opportunities and potential returns.
Property investors can search Pring, detailing search criteria for specific locations, yield returns, deposit levels, price, speed of let and investability score to find their perfect property investment with ‘free’ access, ensuring large user numbers.
Estate agents have identified Pring as an opportunity to market properties to a committed and savvy investment market. Agents can identify investment opportunities whilst completing market appraisals and offer placements on Pring to help win the instruction.
The majority of our users are hard-working knowledgeable people with proven business acumen: our vision is to ensure we provide the support mechanism to enable them to make coherent, intelligent decisions quicker than if they had to do all the research themselves.
Take a look at our new Residential Info Tab within the Property file in Rent. We have updated this to fit the requirements for all inspections due in residential properties, such as Legionnaires, Carbon monoxide and the selective licencing scheme, all mentioned in the V28 Newsletter. Some of the new functions include:
- For legionnaire checks it will tell you how long the Property has been empty.
- You can attach documents to the inspections such as written notes about the inspection, or attach the licence for your Landlords.
- Never forget an inspection again! We have it to the To Do Today list which you see each time you log in.
- Brand new Mail Merge documents, all written and waiting for you to use.
Automatic Sheet/Batch number
The sheet/batch number is an excellent feature to:
- Keep up to date with all payments paid into the BANK with
- Automatic Sheet/Batch Numbering
- Restrict when the number changes.
- New payment summary report
As you will all know from 1st October There Are Fundamental Changes To Section 21
– New Timeframes For Service – A Change From Process To Evidence – Impact On Sales As Well As Lettings
Which Tenancies Are Affected?
All new assured shorthold tenancies in England that start on or after 1st October 2015
All remaining assured shorthold tenancies in England will be swept up under the new rules on 1st October 2018
What Is Changing?
Timing: A Section 21 Notice cannot validly be served in the first four months of a tenancy Expiry: If proceedings are not issued within 6 months of the service of a Section 21 Notice then the notice will be invalid Form: A new form of Section 21 Notice will be required for Section 21 proceedings
Process: A landlord or their agent’s failure to provide the required information to tenants during a tenancy can invalidate a Section 21 Notice
Repairs: Failure to follow the prescribed and time-limited repairs process set out can both invalidate a Section 21 Notice and prevent one from being served for a further six months
Landlord Tax Report Export
- Great News, we have now saved you time when doing your tax return each year! As you can now run the HMRC tax report for your Home Landlords, Abroad Landlords or All Landlords.
Viewing diary entries in archive files
- Ever wanted to see a dairy entry in an archived file without having to unarchive them?
We have now released the Edit button so you can look back and see all old statements, invoices or diary notes that were entered onto that record.
- We have added the facility to record RPI index figures
Adding Multiple Break options
- You can now add multiple break option for the Tenant and Landlord
- We have updated the search facility within Rent, now when you enter any file from the main screen of rent it will direct you into the search screen instead of going to the first file.
You can now see the payment method of a transaction on the View Transaction screen
- Each time you enter a tenant payment and you select a payment method it will now show you the payment method on the transaction screen.
We have added the Description on the Key List when adding a job
- When you now raise a job for a tradesman and you allocate a key to that job you will now see the location as well as the key number.
When picking a Tradesman after adding a job with No Tradesman you can now email the New Tradesman
- Haven’t decided which tradesman will be carrying out a job? If you select no tradesman when raising a job, and you then decide who will be carrying out the work, if you change the tradesman it will now prompt to create a letter to the tradesman to be sent out.
When filtering in the mail merge by Property Type you can now email the landlords
- You can now send an email to the landlord through the property mail merge when you select to filter by property type.
You can now filter the job Outstanding Report by Office code (if you have Office Codes on)
- If you have office codes switched on, you can now filter for jobs per company code within the jobs outstanding report.